Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The fastest way to recieve a phone call on a cell phone

is to be talking to someone else.

Thee whole process is a hassle because generally the person you are talking to does not understand that the person calling is further up the needs chain then they are.

For example, you can get a call from someone that wants to tell you something very important, such as what color tie Sweeney wore to church last Sunday and then you get a call on call waiting that you recognize as number of the person from the state that is going to explain to you how to pick up the quarter-billion dollars you just won in the lottery.

Whenyoutryandquicklyexplainthatyouwillcallback because you have to take care of this the person either wants to try finish the call or gets upset.

Never fails.

This has happened to me three times in the last 2 hours and this is my first day home.

This is the day I want to chill and decompress and do NOTHING.

Fat chance that will ever happen because the instant I arrive home everyone except Neighbor Bob wants a piece of me.

Neighbor Bob seems to get it, though. When he called he just wanted to make sure that I didn't need a case of beer, and that if I did, he'd snag me one.

That I can easily live with.

Incidentally, the first interrupted call was Neighbor Bob's. When he heard I had something on call waiting, he just snapped 'call me back when you're done.' and hung up.

I wish more people were like Neighbor Bob in that respect.

By the way, the tie Sweeney wore to church was one of those old hand painted ones from the 40s that was about a foot wide and had a hula girl painted on it.He's about 90 now and quite a character.



my other blog is:http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment