Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The GPS in my pickup now reads that

i went home at 567 miles per hour, or you would think.

There is a spot on it where it records the maximum speed that you have been in the vehicle.

Of course, that is a challenge to somepeople that are speed demons, and I have listened to a few of them use their GPS units to prove they have been such and such a speed and I shake my head because it is more stupidity in life.

So I decided to shut these two guys up once and for all.

Now, an automotive GPS has a battery in it that will hold a charge for quite some time, so I charged mine up and turned it off and stuffed it into my carry-on when I got on the airplane to go to work.

As soon as I cleared TSA, I put it in my shirt pocket and clambered aboard the airplane and settled down until we reached cruisine speed. Then I turned it on and amused myself.

It was fun watching the streets below us fly by at the rate of about 8 or 10 miles a minute.

When we descended I shut it off and put it in my bag.

The next time I see those two granola bars, I am going to watch their jaws drop down to their belly buttons when I click mine on and say, " Five sixty seven miles per hour! Beat this, Guys!"

I may be too old to out run they youngsters, but I can sure out think them.

my other blog is:http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment