Sunday, September 26, 2010

A pretty good day to die.

I just got back in from a round of errands.

En route I took a wrong turn and picked a driveway at random to turn around it.

The idiot that owned thee place took exception and came running out and started making an issue out of it.

I listened to him with the exagerated courtesy that some bored thug might give a police officer, sort of like Lee Marvin might do in one of his movies. The Wild One comes to mind. Marvin played a bit part in it.

When the idiot realized I was paying him no mind, he accused me of being a smart ass, and I confessed that I most certainly was.

Then I suggested that maybe he had better things to do rather than stay up all hours guarding his driveway from the odd lost motorist using it as a place to simply turn around.

He got huffy.

This is a 35 year old mouth breather and in terrible shape.

I decided to keep my cool and teach a little school.

"Sonny," I said. "I am a fifty-nine year old man and I'm in a lot better shape than you. I come from a short lived family, all of whom have died before they turned 55. I am on borrowed time and have just gotten my affairs in order. I can now die in peace."

"It is my desire, I continued calmly, "To die in handcuffs of a heart attack in the back seat of a police car on the way to jail having taught someone like you both a few manners and given him a sense of what is getting upset over."

Then I looked up and around for a few seconds and then looked him in the eye and gave him a warm smile.

"It looks like a good day for me to die," I said.

It took a couple seconds for it to sink in and he turned ashen and took a step back.

With that, I slipped the clutch, backed into the street and with him still looking at me agape, I drove off.

I hope my little lesson sunk in.




my other blog is:http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment