Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I am getting tired with big corporations using heroin

dealers lines to suck you in.

One of the things about having grown up in the sixties is that I survived the sixties. In fact, there is an old saying that if you remember the sixties, you were not there.

Guess what?

I suvived the sixties and I remember them well.

And one of the things I remember is the old skag dealer line: Have some, it's free.

Or at least at a cut rate.

I am gettingf sick and tired of dealing with the phone/cable/Internet companies that are trying to play me for some kind of sucker with the 'cheap introductory rates'.

Bundle your phone/internet/TV bill for $6.25/month for the first six months.

Then, like the low-life skag dealer that sees the Jones in you eyes and the snot running down your nose, he tells you that your habit is now $600/day.

No thanks.

Howzabout this?

Howzabout you charge me a fair rate from day one and keep it that way until I decide that I no longer need your service.

Howzabout instead of trying to make a quick buck, you go into business for the long haul and serve the public.

Betcha you'll do a lot better over the long haul.

Unless, of course, you are trying to steal a pile of cash and split to Rio and spend the rest of your days surrounded by bimbos in bikinis and high heels sitting on the beach.

Then you can go steal someone else's.

P.T. Barnum was right, but I am not one of the people he was referring to.

A couple of days ago I went and bought glasses. I was looking at a fairly expensive pair of frames and the tech looked at me and as an aside told me that a certain pair of bargain frames were the same ones but just didn't have the blessing of some nancy boy from Paris's name on them.

I saved a couple of bucks.

She made a couple of bucks a little down the road because I intend to go back there.

Then again, maybe good old PT Barnum WAS right. There's a sucker born every minute.

I'll admit it. I'm a sucker for good treatment.


my other blog is:http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment