Saturday, September 11, 2010

today is 9-11

On 9-11-01 I was at home when I got a call to turn on the TV.

I was aghast.

Then I saw the second building go down live.

My wife was there with a friend of hers and I sat there for a few minutes in shock and then went down into the basement and cried my eyes out because I knew that it wasn't going to be long before our young people started getting chewed up somewhere.

On the morning of 9-13 I shot a service rifle match and did pretty well. That afternoon I started a six month unsuccessful campaign to get back into the service.

I figure it was only fair,, as what we have been doing to our young people since the beginning of time isn't fair.

I was hoping that maybe some dumb kid could get to sit this one out.

It's been a long nine years and as usual, a lot of Americans forget.

I won't forget.




my other blog is:http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment