Wednesday, September 22, 2010

When I went through TSA the ohter day one of the


inspectors noticed I had one of thost things you plug into an electrical outlet that gives you three outllets. I forgot what they are called.

He looked curious and asked me why I was carrying it, which is fair enough.

I explained that in places like airports that there are limited places to plug in cell phone chargers and laptops and that the outlets are often occupied.

He thought that was pretty cool and said he was going to get one for when he traveled.

If you have one of those little devices you can get to share an outlet an outlet and the guy that got there first really can't complain. After all, he can still use the outlet without interference.

I have carried one for a while and generally people are pretty good about sharing the outlet IF you can make it work without interfering with the person that has already staked it out.

Most people are pretty good about sharing an outlet in places like airports and I have done that a few times without complaint.

One time, and only once, I met a jerk who didn't want to share.

I simply unpluged him and pluged his cord into the splitter, plugged mine into the splitter and plugged it into the socket and told him to simply go about his business. He bellyached until I asked him how he wanted to handle the problem that didn't exist except for in his own mind.

I told him we could either settle it so he could no longer chew food or we could call a cop, his choice. Pick one, his choice.

It was a real lose situation for him and he bellyached that he had business to take care of on his laptop, so I simply told him to take care of it. After all, he had power.

When he grumbled some more, I told him that we ought to call a cop and held up my cell phone.

I guess he wasn't totally stupid. I think he realized that the cop would make us BOTH unplug and leave, so he caved in.

Everyone else actulaay seemed glad to share with me because I wasn't going to cause them any grief.

I guess most people like the man with the plan and once in a blue moon I am.

I wish I was more often, though.








my other blog is:http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment