Monday, January 2, 2023

Are you REALLY that stupid or are you a classic troll?

I heard some college kid yakking about how they are going to raise taxes on energy and make the energy companies pay. 

He saw me listening and shaking my head sadly and asked me why. He thought it was just fine the energy companies were going to get hit with more taxes.

I said we'd be the ones paying the taxes and he said, "No. The energy companies will pay."

"No. We'll pay," I explained. "They will raise prices to cover the taxes and then some and you will pay their taxes FOR them and they will get even richer."

"They can't do that!" he protested.

"Not only can they, they will. The money has to come from somewhere and it's gonna come from YOUR ass pocket...or will when you move out of your Mom's basement." I shot back. 

This from another liberal arts major.

Why am I not surprised?

They ought to make kids take a class in economics in high school as well as a civics class and make it a requirement for graduation. They used to. I know a guy that flunked Problems of Democracy and had to spend another year in high school in order to graduate.

******************************

Someone suggested that instead of buying a cup of coffee for the person behind you in Starbucks call the principal and pay off some kid's overdue school lunch bill.

I like that one. The Starbucks (or whatever) person can afford their own. Some kid can't.






To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment