Monday, January 9, 2023

You're supposed to spend it on hookers and blow.

One of my standard answers for what to do with a Chrismas bonus.

The sun rises in the east, sets in the west, the moon makes the tides rise and fall, gravity never rests and if you aske me what to do with your Christmas bonus I will tell you to spend it all on hookers and b.low.

It is a standard answer.

Some younger guy asked me about that a while back and I gave them my standard answer and got a very dirty look from some busybody that overheard me.

I will give him a little credit, though. He didn't stick his nose into it.

It has been my life experience that woman tend to stick their noses into things because we let them got away with it. My guess on the reason for this is most guys at one time or another have been punched or otherwise been physically reprimanded.

We have this 'Never hit a woman' thing in our society and it's actually wrong. It should be 'never hit a lady'.

Women know this and take full advantage of it. Some of them totally abuse it. 

About 35 years ago I watched a guy get slapped because he said something that some little chickie-poo activist type didn't like.

He slapped her back and sent her reeling.

Of course I sat there because I figured she had it coming but as is often the case, some Prince Charming got up to defend the virtues of womanhood.

"Siddown, Tommy!" she had it coming." I said.

"But he hit a woman," he protested. "You never hit a woman!"

"You got it wrong, Tommy. You never hit a lady. There's a difference. She ain't no lady. She lost her rights when she slapped Johnny."

Much to her credit, the bartender, a woman, said "Tommy, Pic's right. Acutally I think she got off lightly. He hit her the same way she hit him. He probably should have used his fist. She was unladylike and lost her right to protection."

Personally, looking back on it, he should have simply knocked her out because she didn't really learn a lot from being slapped back.

Actually Tommy wasn't too bright to begin with. To put it plainly, he was big, strong and rather stupid. He also believed all of those things he heard gowing up and was told while growing up. He even believed in a stupid thing thing called a 'fair fight'.

He was somewhat of a scrapper for a while and would fight at the least provocation expecting his opponent to abide by the 'Rules for the Governence of Boxing' as laid out by the Marquis of Queensbury. 

I remember hearing him protest that his opponent didn't 'fight fair' after he lost a two second bout to a Norwegian fisherman that had simply given him a quick nut shot followed by a knee to the face, effectively ending the conflict.

I didn't see that. I did hear him complaining and ignored him. It happened again because he didn't learn the first time but eventually figured it out. He also stopped being a scrapper.

(There is a reason that the period of time between about 1880 and 1920 was called the era of good manners. In 1876 Iver Johnson started making inexpensive revolvers and a lot of people carried them until laws forbidding concealed carry were enacted.)

It's not only women that lose their rights under certain circumstances. It's also children.

If a child picks up a weapon of any kind with intent to harm another they lose their right to be treated as a child. This also applies to children that enter the public arena.

I got a some flak a while back when I criticized Greta Thunberg and when I did, I got the "She's just a child!" defense from some middle aged woman.

"A child loses their childhood protection when they either pick up a weapon or go on public record and make a statement for a cause," I shot back. "Bring your child with you to any kind of a cause rally and you are dragging your children into an unprotected area. where they could be injured. As far as a child with a weapon goes, that's just common sense. A person has an absolute right to defend themselves from anything and anyone."

As to be expected, I got the usual "But...but...but."

I have no sacred cows. 

  To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment