Saturday, January 21, 2023

But it's FREE!

Yeah. It's free. But what in tarnation are you going to DO with it?

Someone offered me the top 100 feet of a 300 foot radio tower he got somewhere and of course I refused. 

When I refused he said, "But it's FREE!"

Yeah, OK. It's free but I still don't want the damned thing. 

In order to stand the damned thing I would have to pour about a 25x25 by 8 foot deep concrete pad and three or four 6x6x6 foot cubes to hold the guy wire ends.

On top of that the neighbors, who have been very, very good to me over the years would probably  pay me a visit with torches and pitchforks if I deciced to erect such an eyesore in my neighborhood.

Yeah, I have a right to do this on my own property and I have no intention of giving up that right but out of basice civility and consideration for others I can't see doing such a thing.

That also doesn't include the 265 cubic yard concrete pour (around $45,000 after all is said and done) and all the 1.5 inch galvanized cable required to erect the damned thing.

But by gum and by gravy it's FREE!

I don't think so.





To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment