Saturday, January 7, 2023

One of the things I did just before my mother passed

was made a plaque for the family manse.

I grew up in a neighborhood with a number of old houses, some dating back to the 1700s.

It became somewhat of an uppity thing as to who lived in the oldes house and so on and so forth. Then the historical society got involved and people in the older homes started making little plaques with the name of the original builder and the year the house was built.

Josiah Kingman
1784

would be a sample of what I mean. The plague would be attached to the home for all to see.

Now the house I grew up in was built in 1925 and probably didn't rate a plaque from the historical society so I made one for my mother that made her laugh herself silly.

She came home and saw it next to the front door. It read: 

C. Colombus
1492

Beat that!



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment