Saturday, April 15, 2023

George Carlin once did a piece one time on swimming in the Hudson River as a kid.

He was talking about swimming in raw sewage and it was hilarious.

He pointed out that his immune system and those of his friends got built up. Polio was going through the area at the time and Carlin said that polio didn't have a chance against their immune systems. None of his swim buddies got the disease.

During Covid I watched countless mothers scrub and sanitize everyone and everything they could lay their hands on which actually had the effect of weakening their kids immune systems.

I pointed this out to a few mothers and they looked at me like I had three heads, although one woman that had a biology degree agreed with me wholeheartedly.

Right after WW2 the Jesuits sent people into the jungles of Southeast Asia and those that 'went native'got sick as hell for a couple of months to the point of knocking on Heaven's door. After a while they simply got over it and many reported not having a single sick day for at least a decade after they returned Stateside.

I've been blessed with a good immune system which I attribute to a decade of living without running water and electricity. I'm grateful but I also attribute it to a lifestyle 

One other thing is that I see that people that live with an animal tend to have stronger immune systems, also.

I once posted a picture of a cat sleeping on a bodega shelf in New York and commented that cats were back in stock.

One woman got all uppity and said she'd never shop at a store with an animal in it. I pointed out that likely she'd starve. If you don't have a cat you generally have vermin and from her reply it was another person that could not accept reality.

Then I pointed out that my cat licks my face practically every night when we nestle down to sleep. I think that completely distorted her brain.

I maintain that the human body's immune system, properly beefed up by exposure to the out of doors surroundings can easily fend off the bulk of the illnesses we run into daily.


*****************************

I saw a meme I wish I could find of a small farm kid drinking out of the same trough a horse is drinking out of. It was pointing out that farm kids generally have pretty good immune systems.









To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment