Tuesday, April 18, 2023

I jus got offered some kind of linear amp for my station for a song

and didn't bother.

I LIKE running a barefoot station. (no amp, 100 watts on base station, 30 watts portable on a PRC320)

One of the things I like about myself is I pretty much like what I have.

My proudest moment was busting through a pileup for an island that hadn't been on the air in 20 years and was being assaulted by the Big Guns running 1.5 KW.

I was running 30 watts with a wire in a tree antenna.

The story of my hobby life is doing big things with little tools to work with...




To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

2 comments:

  1. Is that the story of your sex life too?

    Haha! Sorry, Pic, I couldn't resist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little thing used to light them up like a pinball machine and pay off in silver dollars!

    ReplyDelete