Friday, April 28, 2023

Things are arriving in dribs and drabs

The insurance company took a list of what I lost and sent it to some vendor outfit to replace the actual stuff.

This is actually a pretty good deal when you look at it in a certain light. A big fat check means I have to go out and buy a lot of this stuff which is a pain in the ass. It also means that if you are married that there is often a discussion over every single item being purchased, depending on the nature of the spouse.

Besides, I don't really want a pile of cash. I simply want my stuff back. I can't mow the lawn with money. I need a lawn mower.

Anyway, I was mildly surprised to find out that neither the insurance company or the vending company has cheaped out. The things that are arriving are about par with what I lost. Where possible it is a very duplicate is offered and that's fair and reasonable.

The other thing, too is that prices have gone up and if I got what I paid for something I would lose and this makes it fair. After all, I didn/t, for example, lose $129.95 plus tax when my air compressor got burned up. I lost an air compressor.

I would imagine that it also cuts down on fraud. When someone is told to get themselves a new lawn mower and send in the reciept the first thing Karen or Ken does is go out and buy themselves the $2500 Cub Cadet that they always wanted to replace the $250 mower they bought 10 years ago.

I am actually making out on this because I was 100% honest. I actually put down the price I paid for things. "One Craftsman lawn mower, push style I paid $40 for on Craigslist." My loss sheet actually had stuff like that written on it. I imagine the adjuster had a couple of WTF moments looking through it.

Actually the last item read something like this: "Ahh, yes. The obligatory priceless and irreplacable 13th century Ming vase. No suburban claim is complete without one on it. I think I paid $2.98 for mine at Walmart. Seeing at how irreplaceable it is, don't bother trying to replace it. I've wanted to get rid of it for years."











To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment