Monday, April 10, 2023

I just made a QSO with some Turkish chick in Croatia

which is no big deal. Apparently she got the OK from the Croats to use her Turkish callsign and prefix it with the Croation nationality designator. Her call was 9A/ TAXXX.

This is not unusual but what is interesting is that she also had a ham rig she can run from some cell phone app which doesn't surprise me very much. Remotely run stations have been around for some time.

Sometimes I can't but think that there are a lot of things out there that are just another case of technology for technology's sake.

Then again, that's me.

What's next? A virtual Camp Perry where you can sit in your living room and compete?

If you want to set your entire life to live it from a damned cell phone that's your business.

I'd rather get out in the world on my own.




To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment