Saturday, April 29, 2023

He's retired now and I miss him.

He was a local cop that I miss.

I used to save all my bull$hit for him.

One day I handed him a tag I cut off of a pillow and asked him somewhat belligerently what he was going to do about it.

He was a great cop. I thought he'd wet his pants laughing.

One time I handed him about 10 cards I printed up from a Monopoly game. He glanced at them and said, "Don't you hand me a 'get out of jail free card!"

"Nope. I like you bums. Read it."

The card said 'Go to jail. Go directly to jail. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200'

His face lit up. "Now that I can use!"

He truly hated busting people but did what he had to do.

Occasionally he would share with me a story about an idiot that forced his hand and MADE him have to arrest them.

Good cops hate taking a citizen's rights and freedom from them. He was one of those guys and I miss him.

He had common sense, compassion, and  a great sense of humor.

I miss him.


To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment