Monday, June 24, 2024

Graduation party

My grand niece graduated early which speaks highly of her.

She has also proved she has a brain in her head by not jumping into college without a plan but I digress.

Anyway, her mom rented a small party hall and threw her a party which was interesting. While all the womenfolk were setting things up I bailed for the kitchen, grabbed a pot and boiled water. Literally.

From time to time they'd give me something to do and I'd shut off the stove and pitch in. Generally I'd carry or move something.

Back in the day one rainy Saturday Dad and I were watching an old 
(probably pre WW2) western and as the besieged settlers were waiting for the imminent Indian attack the pregnant woman was ready to give birth, adding to the predicament.

The womanfolk had it under control and the soon to be father was sent to the kitchen to boil water.

I asked Dad why they always sent the guy into the kitchen to boil water when a woman was having a baby. He said to get him the hell out of the way and not be a pain in the ass and to let the womenfolk handle it because they knew what they were doing.

It was a good lesson in life. 

When someone knows what the hell they are doing then get the hell out of the way!

7777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777

For the record this post was written half a mile away from where it first got started. My middle sister set it up for me when I was visiting to give me something to do as the kids were smaller and I was trying to stay out the middle of the usual family chaos.


To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment