Friday, June 14, 2024

I said I'd been meaning to have a word with the trash guys and up popped the devil



It's the first time I've seen this before but the guy was actually the trash can repair guy which is something completely new to me.

We have these wheeled mini dumpster things and wheels, lids and some kind of lifting pin are replaceable. He was the guy that does that.

I wandered by and when he turned I simply said, "Thank you for what you do." He looked a bit confused.

You guys, sewer workers and plumbers have done more to prevent disease and illness than all of modern medicine put together and I want you to know that there's at least ONE suburban dweller that know it and appreciates it."

I should have carried a feather with me because when I said that I could have used the feather to knock him over and steal his wallet. I don't think anyone has ever put it that way to him.

"If it wasn't for you guys we'd have burn barrels and huge piles of unburnable stuff in out backyards. That's mean rats, mice, raccoons, snakes and God only know what else. That ain't a pretty picture. Hell, some of these people would probably burn their house down trying to work a burn barrel."

He was a nice young black man with a wife and a couple of kids trying to raise them and as well spoken as he appeared to be he's probably been a pretty good neighbor. He obviously had a pretty good sense of humor.

We chatted briefly about kids, cats and dogs and then I asked him if the next time one of the guys found a mannequin if they'd save it for me.

When he asked what I wanted it for I told him I would put her in fishnets and sexy mules and jam her in my weekly trash head down with the legs sticking up and he laughed like hell.

"I'll talk to the guys," he laughed. "Want us to put in in front of your garage door if you're not home?"

"That's be fine," I replied and then wandered off.

I often post that I like bursting Karen's bubble and I do but truth be known I like making some simple working stiff's day a little nicer a lot more.



  



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment