Sunday, June 23, 2024

Internet predators on old people

Over the past few years I have I have gotten emails from people trying to scam me out of money.

Most recently it's been 'your grandson got arrested in Las Vegas for drunk driving and I can get him out of jail for $2500. (signed Dewey, Cheetham and Howe or whoever'.)

I generally email them back and explain that they are mistaken because my grandson is currently in Walla Walla State prison for murdering someone that tried to scam his grandfather. I did that a couple of times and they went away.

One of the first ones I got a few years back was (supposedly)from an old friend that  fought at Iwo Jima and was supposedly visiting the Colville St. Mer cemetery in France and had his wallet and passport stolen and needed money to get home.

For a nanosecond I wondered WTF was going on because he had fought in the Pacific so I instantly contacted him and found out he was home in Indianapolis. He told me I wasn't the first person that called him.

One of the things I wish that Uncle Sam would do is to track the overseas scammers (overseas only. The Constitution doesn't apply there) and simply whack them.

All of the sensitivity types would be appalled and scream blue bloody murder if we did that and I suppose Washington would get a couple of strongly worded letters but it would not take long before the vile practice would stop. 

The human cost would not be high, either because word would get out pretty damned quickly.



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

4 comments:

  1. I agree. Whenever a foreign, hacker holds a US company's software for ransom, the US Navy ought to fire a cruise missile into their exact location. Whether it is a chinese city, russian, or whatever else, they get a cruise missile through those front door. See how long it takes for that bad habit to die off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you could do it with reasonable precision, then why not?

      Delete
    2. Well the obvious reason is that it would work as intended, all of twice. After that foreign agents would operate out of other countries that they want the US to go to war with. 'Let's you and him fight.'

      Delete