Thursday, June 20, 2024

Sorry about yesterday.

I was traveling.

I am currently in my old home town AO and arrived pretty beat up and things got busy fast.

I don't think I'll take another 0600 flight again because it means I have to get up at 0200 and one is generally pretty fried by the early afternoon.

There's one thing I want to do today that's been on my bucket list for quite a while. I want to buy a bottle of wine and a bunch of flowers for an old classmate.

She said something to me that had a VERY dramatic effect on my life and she doesn't even know what it was.

When I was living in the woods in '76 and came home I ran into her and she asked me what I was doing and I explained I was a tipi dweller. She was probably appalled but said, "Sounds interesting. Good luck."

The word interesting stuck in my head and became a watchword that has stayed with me since then. It probably kept me from becoming an early suicide.

jh ][=0-o99p-cjhg-f  Thank you niece's cat.

Anyway I want to look her up later today and give her a bottle of wine and thank her.

-------------------------------------------------

I considered getting a motel room here but there are none to be had as the governor in her infinite wisdom had stuffed them chock-a-block full of illegal immigrants. Needless to say, guess who gets to foot the bill?



I'm actually not in my original hometown, I'm a town over and I heard my hometown voted not to take the state's money to house illegals. It was voted down twice and afterwards when the people that had arrived at the town meeting to vote it down left they tried a 'reconsideration' vote but the moderator wouldn't permit it. Kudos to him!

What they SHOULD have done is hanged the city fathers that tried to sneak it through.

For decades I have said that so-called elected officials should be kept honest by any means necessary. Trying to skirt the will of the people should be a publicly hanging offense. Once it it becomes one and is enforced a couple of times things will change.  
--------------------------------
In other news my wife is worried about me on this trip in case I drop dead. She's worried about what to do with me if I do.

I suppose this would be a lot more convenient place to die than home at Pittsburgh because here I am a few miles from a place that does full body burials at sea which is what I want when I'm gone.

The headquarters for his place is just up the street from where I grew up.







To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment