Monday, June 3, 2024

Yesterday I got thanked for my service for the six jillionth time.

I do not know why people do that because I made my career as a civilian mariner. I never mentioned my army service from back in the day.

I could probably see it if I had been a WW2 mariner or even if I had hauled supplies to Vietnam or the Gulf or something along these line

However all I ever hauled were [petroleum products although I suppose I did do some DoD contract work with jet fuel and some work for the Navy but strictly as a civilian.

I will admit that it is somewhat of a very refreshing change from the abuse GIs got during late Vietnam and for a few years afterwards. Still, I did nothing more than work for a couple of commercial shipping companies moving various petroleum products for them.









To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment