Sunday, June 2, 2024

Match today.

might get rained out. We'll see.

Update: I got there a little late for stupid reasons and although I probably could have shot it would have made things hard for the guys running it because they'd had to have someone pull targets for me.

They have only so man electronic targets and all the electronic target spots were sold out.

My service rifle throws brass for quite a distance and is a pain in the neck to shoot in a match because of that. One of the guys offered to cut my ejector spring and I handed the rifle off to him. I'll pick it up in a few days.

The ejector is designed for combat and it's imperative in combat to not jam. They designed it with an overkill ejector. In shooting competition it's a lot nicer to have it eject close by so as not to either spray a fellow competitor with hot brass or have to to find it somewhere three or four competitors down.

'Brass catchers' are somewhat of a pain in the neck although when I was shooting with irons I had a unit that would clip into the carry handle and send the brass straight down instead of throwing all over Hell's half-acre.

Earlier today someone opined that if a guy could break 350 points (out of a possible 500) in the reduced to 200 yard course of fire he's probably better that about 90% of the entire shooting community.

He's probably right because at 200 yards the X-ring is only 1.79 inches in diameter and the 10 ring is about 3.79 inches in diameter. on the R 52 reduced target. That's about 1.9 MOA.

In real life the number of people that can shoot a 1 MOA group without a bench and sandbags is pretty small. 






To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment