Sunday, June 9, 2024

The 'that's not fair' crowd.

The other day I glanced through a recent article.

Seems some 12 year old kid was home alone and four teenagers between the ages of 14 and 17 charged in armed with pipes and baseball bats in some kind of a home invasion.

The 12 year old grabbed his father's firearm and promptly shot one of them being the home invasion to a screeching halt.

The father of the teenager that got shot said that it wasn't fair because the 12 YO had a gun.

Oh. I see. A 12 YO kid was supposed to fight four armed teenagers with his fists, right?

Let's take a look at this and see who I feel sorry for and where I am going to assign blame.

I feel REAL bad for the 12 YO because he's going to have to live with the fallout for a long, long time. When he's an old man like me people are still going to say "He shot a guy when he was twelve". It's most likely going to follow him for life.

The second person I feel sorry for is the kid that got shot. It's not really his fault. I lay the blame on the kid's idiot father for not teaching him right from wrong in the first place. 

The kid is kinda like a dog that craps inside. The dog doesn't know any better because the owner hasn't trained him to go outside. The responsibility of training the hapless pooch lies with the owner.

Same holds for the kid that got shot. Apparently he didn't know any better than to invade someone's home or he wouldn't have done it. It's obvious the kid was not trained to behave himself and learned a valuable lesson the hard way. 

I hold the parents responsible for their kid getting shot. I also think that the father was probably incapable of raising a kid because of his stupid comment about how it was unfair because the 12 YO had a gun.

What was he expecting the 12 year old half-pint to do? Was he expecting a little kid to put up his dukes and square off with four older, bigger armed kids? 

I'm seeing a lot of this 'fair fight' crap going around these days and it shows me that We, the People are getting stupider by the day.

Some time ago another grieving grandfather of a kid that was killed in a similar situation say that it wasn't fair because the homeowner used an AR15 and threat his grandson didn't have a chance.

Well, that's just too damned bad, Gramps. Had you taught YOUR children to train THEIR children to behave themselves you'd still have a grandson. 

Lately people have taken to calling gun owners cowards because they're supposed to fight fair. This is yet even MORE proof that we are getting stupider as a people.

Then again, when a (then) 71 YO man had to have his beer bought for him by a teenager with a bogus ID a while back, sometimes I think I'm an idiot for letting things like this 'fair fight' crap surprise me. 









To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment