Monday, August 16, 2010

Another huckster tried to explain to me how I would

be saving money by purchasing an item from him.

He was not pleased with the way the conversation went.

I explained how nothing you buy saves you money. It costs you money. The question I want to know the answer to is simply how much money an item is going to cost me.

It's as easy as that.

One time a car salesman asked me if I would like to invest in a new car.

I stopped, listened to his spiel and had him run the numbers until I got an out the door price figured out. It came to about 30K.

Then I asked him how much I could sell the car for three or four years later and he told be it would be then worth about 20K.

I looked at him and said I wasn't interested in an investment where I would lose 10K over three years and he looked dumbfounded.

I went on to explain that my investments were designed to make me money rather than lose it for me.

I do not know why every salesman looks at me and thinks I just fell off the turnip truck, but it seems to happen every time.




my other blog is:http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment