Sunday, August 8, 2010

Well, I woke up today and that is a good thing.

I am showered, shaved and have my first cup of coffee in me and I have to figure out what to do today. Actually, I am in pretty good shape.

I managed to get everything done I wanted, the house looks pretty good and I guess all I have to do is sit on my ass today. All in all it's a pretty good deal.

I just got word via my relief at work that I will not be involved in the Gulf clean up for my next tour, but I will be responsible for cleaning the tank we used and making sure we get back north in one piece.

At least I think we're going north. We'll see.

I wonder how Gunny Ermey did in the Garand match? I heard that this was his seventh.

I noticed that in the NTI he was shooting an M-14, one of the few that still shoots the old work horse.

I told the Gunny of the Marine Corps team that I was seriously thinking of shooting the NTI with an as-issued Garand. He asked me why I would handicap myself.

I told him that some time ago I had given up all hope of winning anything of a serious nature in the sport and now I shoot for fun. I would enter a match handicapped simply to see how well I could do with what I was in the mood to shoot that day.

I think he understood.

Yesterday when I finished pulling weeds I looked at the flower beds and it was sad.

This year I didn't plant my annuals because there was another plan in the offing and besides, the roof project took top billing.

I won't make thaat mistake next year. I am no longer letting anyone else run certain aspects of my life.

I'm glad I will have a day of rest and I will enjoy it.






my other blog is:http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment