Sunday, August 29, 2010

One of the things I am quickly learning is to just do something

before it is too late.

I think I am going to go and visit my sisters in MA, with a stopover.

I have an old friend, my oldest. He is the only one I am in touch with that grew up on the same street I did, he's retired from the banking business and if I ever won the lottery he is the first person I would get in touch with.

It used to be a snap because I could drop in on him when I was in town visiting my sisters, but he moved to Georgia after his kids grew up. I try catch him when he's at his summer home in uupper New York state.

I try and touch base with him annually, but last year I managed to put things off and missed out.

I realized that I have to do things last month when I looked at my unplanted flower garden.

If you don't plant, you don't get to see the flowers.

Same goes with seeing people.

My advice is to strike while the iron is hot.

If there is something you have put off, then get to it.

Life is short.

I love my sisters and stay in touch, and that is the main reason for my upcoming trip, but seeing my old friend is important, too.

my other blog is:http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment