Saturday, August 7, 2010

As I rapidly approach the end of my life

there are a few things I am glad about today.

I got a few things done. I did the touch-up on the roof job the Amish did so spectacular of a job of a couple of weeks ago.

The other thing is that I enjoyed a sunset. I do so much love sunsets as to me they begin a new day. I am not a sunrise person.

Then again, if I wake up early enough, I will watch the sun rise.

Who knows?

My father died at the age of 57 and neither grandparent saw 60.

The DNA is against me, which is nothing to cry about because at least I saw life which is a pretty good deal in itself.

I do not have a whole lot of complaints.

One of the things about having the DNA against you is that if you have half a brain and use a quarter of what you have, you realize that there is no time for procrastination. You have to take things in as fast as you can.

I figured that out at an early age.

My father told me that he wasn't going to do a whole lot in life but raise a family and I guess he did that and did it well. He said that after the last kid was going well he'd be out of here. He was good to his word, he diaed when his youngest was in her senior year of college.

I'm glad I took the time to watch the sun set tonight.

It could very well be the last one I ever see.

Of course, I hope not.



my other blog is:http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment